PLATE Conference invitation http://www.plateconference.org/:
PLATE aims to address the detrimental impacts of our consumption through considering product lifetimes, bringing together academic researchers, industry, and policy stakeholders working in the field of sustainability. In June 2015, the 1st PLATE (Product Lifetimes and the Environment) conference was convened by Prof. Tim Cooper at Nottingham Trent University in the UK with over 100 people attending. Given its success, we are pleased to inform you that PLATE is not only continuing, but also expanding internationally. The 2nd PLATE conference will be hosted from 8-10th November 2017 at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering of the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.
The call for papers is now live on the PLATE website: http://www.plateconference.org/.
The conference proceedings will be published as a Thomson Reuters and Scopus-indexed e-book with IOS Press (Delft University Press). A selection of papers will be invited for a special issue in The Design Journal.
PLATE 2017 will embrace a multi-disciplinary perspective including design, geography, history, anthropology and culture, technology, business, economics, marketing, consumer behaviour, law, and public policy. Specifically, we welcome submissions of abstracts (up to 1,000 words) for proposed papers on the following and related themes:
- Design for product longevity
- The role of product lifetimes in resource efficiency
- Product lifetimes optimization
- Cultural perspectives on the throwaway society
- Circular economy and product lifetimes
- Business opportunities, economic implications and marketing strategies
- Consumer influences on product lifetimes, including repair and reuse
- Policy, regulation and legislation
- Open theme
- Submissions of abstracts (up to 1,000 words) for proposed papers are due January 13, 2017.
- Acceptance of proposals will be announced by the end of February, 2017
- Final papers/posters due by June 9, 2017
- Conference registration opens December 2016
Preliminary conference schedule:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Day 1 – Opening reception
Thursday, November 9, 2017 – Day 2 – Dinner Banquet
Friday, November 10, 2017 – Day 3 – Farewell drinks
We encourage scholars and practitioners, at every level from graduate student to seasoned scholar, to begin now to plan your contribution to PLATE 2017. Please feel free to inform and invite other people who might be interested to submit an extended abstract. We still welcome workshop proposals. A call for these will be announced early 2017; in the meanwhile, we welcome queries and informal expressions of interest at [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you in Delft, The Netherlands, in 2017!